When it comes to excitement, convenience, and beauty, you can’t beat the urban setting of Downtown San Diego! It seems like the sun always shines in the eight distinctive neighborhoods located there.Search Properties in this Community
There are over 15,000 homes in Downtown San Diego, ranging from luxury condominiums to affordable rental units. Almost as much variety as the different neighborhoods
Governmental, financial, and corporate institutions are centralized in the Core neighborhood of Downtown. City Hall and the Civic Theatre are both important locations here.
This transportation hub is home to the Historic Santa Fe Depot, the 2nd busiest Amtrak rail in the country. The waterfront is a major point of interest in this area, along with landscaping.
One of the oldest neighborhoods in San Diego, this area is a bit removed from the hustle of downtown while still easily accessible.
This has one of the most extensive collections of historical architecture in San Diego! This is a premier shopping and nightlife hub.
An outdoor mall with a mix of European and American styles to it, Horton Plaza took 15 years to complete.
This charming neighborhood is comprised mostly of small businesses and single family homes. Little Italy also boasts a wide variety of annual events and festivals, such as ArtWalk and Festa.
At 325 acres, this is the largest neighborhood in Downtown. It is also of the fastest changing and most diverse, offering a trendy living style to those that live here.
Formerly comprised of warehouses and vacant lots, this area now boasts a wide variety of home types, styles and prices stretched along the beautiful waterfront. Seaport Village is located here; it is one of San Diego’s most popular tourist spots.
Colleges & Universities
- University of California at San Diego, (858) 534-2230
- San Diego State University, (619) 594-5200
- University of San Diego, (619) 260-4600
- Point Loma Nazarene, (619) 221-2200
- San Diego City College, (619) 388-3400
San Diego Unified School District, (619) 725-8000
- Washington Elementary, (619) 525-7475
- Roosevelt Middle School, (619) 293-4450
- San Diego High School, (619) 525-7455
- All Saints’ Episcopal School, (619) 298-1671, Level: K-8
- City Tree Christian School, (619) 232-3794, Level: PreK-6
- Francis Parker School, (619) 298-9110, Level: PreK-12
- Grace Lutheran Church & School, (619) 295-3503, Level: K-8
- Montessori School of San Diego, (619) 295-7591, Level: PreK-3
With over 5, 000 businesses and 75,000 employees, Downtown has almost every kind of business you can think of here! Manufacturing, defense, tourism, and biotech all have strong presences here, along with communications media as well. With more than 1 million square feet of office space new or planned for Downtown, it is a fantastic locale for any business seeking to expand or establish a new presence.